Monday, September 12, 2022

Restart. Reset. Refocus.



 "You would think the worst," Mia couldn't help but smirk. "What's gotten into you?" And then she cracked a laugh as she thought of it.

She shook her head. Of course, the owner wanted to help out the bookshop. "You'll be helping us out." She told Stu as if he didn't need to go thinking it was any more or any less.

"But..but..but..Shelly doesn't even like me," he scowled back. Of course, he was up for a drink at the pub, but she bought him some grub anyway. She thought it was the least you could do. 

"Oh, Shelly, does she even know what she likes," Mia went on with her lager and bit into a fry there at the bar. "She's got Odin, I know he fancies her, but I think she's still waiting for her Prince Charming."

"Prince Charming?" There went another scowl from Stu. M

ia couldn't help but chuckle. "You know, she wants that Brad."

"Brad?" Stu wince. "Wouldn't know of him."

"Surely, you've seen him. Her old mate's bloke. I think that's why she stayed with Kate as long as she did. It's Brad that she wants." She nibbled on her fat burger with mushrooms while Stu wolfed down the American burger as if it might be better than one might find in the states. Yes, he was famished just as Mia expected.

"But why?" Stu asked as he finished off his lager and asked for another.

"It's just a feeling, she chatted him up so. Even in the beginning." Mia finished her lager and asked for another.

"I wouldn't know," Stu shook his head and stole a fry from her plate. After all, he'd finished his. There was mayo on the side. Of course, he dipped the fry in that too. "I'm Odin's mate."

"I would hate for her to lose him," Mia told him.

"Um." Stu nodded and stole another fry that he dipped in her mayo.

"You really think we're lovers, don't you?" Mia hinted a surprise question. Just like this thought they were right back where they started with that startled look of his. Of course, she was certain they'd need another lager soon.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting perspective on Shelley. I wonder if Odin knows he may be only temporary? But it's the last paragraph that takes the cake. Mia puts it all out there, making Stu squirm. I knew she wasn't there for just the baked goods! 🍰🥐🍞🥯🥖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and thanks for including my parrot pals! They look fab next to the brown jacket.🦜🦜🦜🤎

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this has me wondering about the coupling issues. Interesting. But I like Stu and Mia together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the chapter. I like them both together, let's see what's in store for them.
    Xo
    www.dearlytay.com.br

    ReplyDelete

I love notes.