Monday, December 12, 2022

Trying to stay off the naughty list

 


Shelly breathed in the lemoned tea. Trying to get this all straight with Mia in her little cluttered office at the back of the bookshop. It was hard to believe such hustle and bustle was going about in the store these days. Still, she needed to wrap her mind around the Kate matter.

"I really think she went back to work. I haven't seen her as of late," Mia said.

Shelly nodded. Kate would have a new roomie in no time or maybe Brad would be back. It would all be well. Yes, in Kate's world. Why was it she disliked her so much? Shell didn't mean to wince so much, but no way could she go back.

"What was she expecting? We'd all live together at her place?" Shelly sighed at the thought. Maybe at one time, it would have been perfect. But not now. Even so, they really needed more than Odin's little studio. It was so cramped. They could only have a love nest so long of that size, but even then wings might sprout and they'd need to fly away somewhere.

"Tell me, what's really bothering you?" Mia wanted to know as she took a seat after moving a few books off it. 

"I just have to get used to it, that's all." Shelly shrugged. She could hardly look Mia in the eye.

"Is the sex that bad?" Mia wanted to know.

Shelly practically spewed hot tea. She cleared her throat. "No, nothing like that. I know him now. I know he'd rather be in just his undies after he gets off work as much as I like losing my bra." She sighed. "I just wish the place was bigger."

"Naturally," Mia nodded. That's when Mia mentioned the flat just down the hall from her was vacant.

"Really?" Shelly looked shocked. It would truly be a Christmas miracle if the place could be theirs. Although, she didn't want to get her hopes up.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh a little light at the end of the tunnel, housing wise? And Shelly almost spewing her tea cracked me up. :) But it is hard when you don't have lots of room...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Shelly and Odin are very comfortable together -- but cramped spaces can quickly quash that. I hope they get the bigger apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing better than a new place to improve things.
    X
    https://www.dearlytay.com.br/

    ReplyDelete

I love notes.